Suga of BTS and Bong Joon-ho donated $1M to fight against the Coronavirus
BTS cancels May Toronto concert?
- 유지수 (firstname.lastname@example.org) --
- 28 Feb 2020
South Korean celebrities are coming together to donate funds or relief goods to the country's fight against COVID-19 outbreaks including Suga of BTS and Bong Joon-ho, director of the Oscar-winning 'Parasite.'
On Friday, Suga donated 100 million won(CA$111,300) to the Hope Bridge Korea Disaster Relief Association.
It said Suga made the donation with goodwill to help his native city of Daegu fight and rebuild from mass coronavirus outbreaks in the city.
Also on Thursday, director Bong chipped in another 100 million won to the same association to assist efforts to contain the virus outbreaks. The organization said it will use the fund to purchase and distribute protective face masks and hand sanitizers to the needy.
As of Friday morning, South Korea's coronavirus infections reached 2,022 as 505 new cases were reported on Thursday. The death toll was at 13.
So far, BTS has not declared whether to cancel their May Toronto concert.
You might be interested in
|Will BTS cancel Toronto conert?||26 Mar 2020|
|Suga of BTS and Bong Joon-ho donated $1M to fight against the Coronavirus||28 Feb 2020|
|Kpop artist Henry Lau's new song 'Nice Things'||20 Feb 2020|
|'Parasite' makes Korean movie history at Academy Awards||10 Feb 2020|
|New 'pinched fingers' emoji reminds Kpop fans of Girls' generation||04 Feb 2020|